Moon Parks and Recreation offers many programs, special events and amenities for all ages and interests.
The parks are currently open from Dawn to Dusk (winter hours). Moon Park hours are extended to 9pm Thursday through Saturday for ice skating. The artificial ice rink is located at the tennis courts. Please bring your own skates. Fields, courts, and playgrounds will remain open for daylight activities. The basketball courts at Moon Park are currently closed and will re-open in January.
Moon Park Summer Hours: 8am to 10pm daily.
Clearview Federal Credit Union Splash Pad: The splashpad is now open at Moon Park. The splashpad is open daily 10am to 2pm and 3pm to 7pm. The splashpad will remain open through labor day weekend.
- Nelson Pond
- Over 300 acres
- Over three miles of walking/hiking trails
- Moon Park Amphitheater
- Brand New Play Equipment
- Clearview Federal Credit Union Splash Pad - Open Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend from 10am-2pm and 3pm-7pm.
- Three soccer fields
- Six baseball/softball fields
- Three basketball courts
- Four Tennis Courts
- Two Pickleball Courts
- Five picnic pavilions
- Moon Township parks and playgrounds are tobacco free zones.
1350 Ewing Road
Moon Township, PA 15108
- Endeavor Multi-Purpose Field - Located just inside the Moon Park Entrance
- Discovery Multi-Purpose Field - Located across from the Moon Park Entrance
- Krane Field - Located at the Beaver Grade & Ewing Road intersection
- DeVenzio Field - Located inside Moon Park
- Galaxy Field - Located inside Moon Park next to the Tennis Courts
- Challenger Multi-Purpose Field - Located inside Moon Park near the park exit.
- Brewer Toyota Field- Located across from the Moon Park entrance
- Softball Back Field - Located across from the Moon Park entrance
- Whispering Woods Field - Located at 1668 Spring Run Road Extension
The Nelson Pond, a long time favorite of our park visitors, was scheduled for a makeover in 2008. Years of sediment had eventually filled the pond to narrow water depths that threatened the fish population and created an unattractive facility. In Early 2008, the pond was drained and sedimentary material was removed. The shape and depth were reestablished and new amenities were added. The now completed project has around 500,000 gallons of water and is approximately 9 ft. deep in the center. It also has an accessible trail and benches for relaxing by the fountain.
PA Fish and Boat Commission
Rules and Regulations for the pond area:
- Catch and release only!
- Please, do not bring fish to the NelsonPond. Certain species of fish with disease could destroy the entire fish population.
- No Swimming is permitted.
- No pets are permitted in the pond area or in the pond itself.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Follow all PA Fish and Boat Commission Fishing License rules and regulations.