Moon Park Main Playground Redevelopment:
The new Moon Park Playground is now OPEN! Come on down and check it out! The Splash Pad will be running on limited hours from 11am to 2pm daily until the electricity is permenantly connected. Longer hours will be posted here and on our Facebook page as soon as our electrical line is installed.
The splashpad will be closed on Friday, July 19 for re-surfacing. It will re-open on Saturday, July 20.
Moon Parks and Recreation offers many programs, special events and amenities for all ages and interests.
- Nelson Pond
- Over 300 acres
- Over three miles of walking/hiking trails
- Moon Park Amphitheater
- Brand New Play Equipment
- Splash Pad (Open dailly, 11am to 2pm)
- Three soccer fields
- Six baseball/softball fields
- Three basketball courts
- Four Tennis Courts
- Five picnic pavilions Click here for more information.
- Moon Township parks and playgrounds are tobacco free zones.
1350 Joe DeNardo Way (Ewing Road)
Moon Township, PA 15108
- Endeavor Multi-Purpose Field - Located just inside the Moon Park Entrance
- Discovery Multi-Purpose Field - Located across from the Moon Park Entrance
- Krane Field - Located at the Beaver Grade & Ewing Road intersection
- DeVenzio Field - Located inside Moon Park
- Galaxy Field - Located inside Moon Park next to the Tennis Courts
- Challenger Multi-Purpose Field - Located inside Moon Park near the park exit.
- Kenny Ross Field- Located across from the Moon Park entrance
- Kenny Ross Back Field - Located across from the Moon Park entrance
- Whispering Woods Field - Located at 1668 Spring Run Road Extension
The Nelson Pond, a long time favorite of our park visitors, was scheduled for a makeover in 2008. Years of sediment had eventually filled the pond to narrow water depths that threatened the fish population and created an unattractive facility. In Early 2008, the pond was drained and sedimentary material was removed. The shape and depth were reestablished and new amenities were added. The now completed project has around 500,000 gallons of water and is approximately 9 ft. deep in the center. It also has an accessible trail and benches for relaxing by the fountain.
PA Fish and Boat Commission
Rules and Regulations for the pond area:
- Catch and release only!
- Please, do not bring fish to the NelsonPond. Certain species of fish with disease could destroy the entire fish population.
- No Swimming is permitted.
- No pets are permitted in the pond area or in the pond itself.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Follow all PA Fish and Boat Commission Fishing License rules and regulations.